Mission and Vision Statement
The mission of the IBIA Concussion mTBI SIG is to provide an international forum for exchange between brain injury professionals, including neuroscientists, on research, assessment, and care of persons with concussion, their families, and the systems serving them.
The vision of the IBIA Concussion mTBI SIG is to be the premier international networking and information exchange resource for brain injury professionals and neuroscientists working with persons with concussion, their families, and the systems serving them.
- Create a track at the IBIA World Congress for reporting advances in the field through workshops, symposia, platform, and poster sessions.
- Monitor a listserve for IBIA Concussion mTBI SIG members.
- Hold regional meetings of the IBIA Concussion mTBI SIG in the years between IBIA World Congresses.
- Collaborate with other professional societies, collaboratives, and centers of excellence with interest in SRC.
- Recruit IBIA Concussion mTBI members to facilitate a submission on a CONCUSSION-related topic to the Brain Injury Professional or other IBIA publication.
- Educate through dissemination of evidence, white papers, and guidelines on the study, evaluation, and management of persons with concussion, their families, and the systems serving them either directly through IBIA, IPBIS or through presentation at other relevant meetings.
Terms of participation
IBIA members only will have voting rights.
Barry Willer, PhD
John Leddy, MD
Nick Reed, PhD
For questions regarding the IBIA Sport in Concussion SIG, please contact email@example.com.