The mission of the IBIA Concussion in Sport SIG is to provide an international forum for exchange between brain injury professionals, including neuroscientists, on research, assessment, and care of persons with sport-related concussion (SRC), their families, and the systems serving them.
The vision of the IBIA CONCUSSION IN SPORT SIG is to be the premier international networking and information exchange resource for brain injury professionals and neuroscientists working with persons with SRC, their families, and the systems serving them.
1) Create a track at the IBIA World Congress for reporting advances in the field through workshops, symposia, platform, and poster sessions.
2) Monitor a listserve for IBIA CONCUSSION IN SPORT SIG members.
3) Hold regional meetings of the IBIA CONCUSSION IN SPORT SIG in the years between IBIA World Congresses.
4) Collaborate with other professional societies, collaboratives, and centers of excellence with interest in SRC.
5) Recruit CONCUSSION IN SPORT SIG members to facilitate a submission on a CONCUSSION IN SPORT-related topic to the Brain Injury Professional or other IBIA publication.
6) Educate through dissemination of evidence, white papers, and guidelines on the study, evaluation, and management of persons with SRC, their families, and the systems serving them either directly through IBIA, IPBISor through presentation at other relevant meetings.
Terms of participation: interested persons can join the IBIA SPORT CONCUSSION SIG for a period of one year without IBIA affiliation but after that point in time must be a fully paid Association, Section or Special Interest Group (SIG) Member of the organization.
IBIA members only will have voting rights.