The Disorders of Consciousness Special Interest Group (DOC SIG) was established in 2016. We encourage participation in the DOC SIG by interested clinicians and researchers.
Mission and Vision Statement
The mission of the IBIA DOC SIG is to provide an international forum for exchange between brain injury professionals, as well as, neuroscientists on the study, assessment, and care of persons with disorders of consciousness, their families, and the systems serving them.
The vision of the IBIA DOC SIG is to be the premier international networking and information exchange resource for brain injury professionals and neuroscientists working with persons with disorders of consciousness, their families, and the systems serving them.
- Create a track at the IBIA World Congress for reporting advances in the field through workshops, symposia, platform, and poster sessions.
- Develop and maintain a listserve for IBIA DOC SIG members.
- Collaborate with other professional societies, collaboratives, and centers of excellence with interest in DOCs.
- Recruit DOC SIG members to facilitate a quarterly submission on a DOC related topic to the International NeuroTrauma Letter.
- Educate through dissemination of evidence, white papers, and guidelines on the study, evaluation, and management of persons with DOCs, their families, and the systems serving them either directly through IBIA or through presentation at other relevant meetings (i.e. WCNR, INTS, etc.).
- Hold regional meetings of the IBIA DOC SIG in the years between IBIA World Congresses.
Join the DOC SIG
- Interested persons can join the IBIA DOC SIG for a period of two years without IBIA membership. After two years, membership in IBIA is required for continued participation.
- Only IBIA members will have voting rights.
Chair and Co-Chair
The DOC SIG is lead by Caroline Schnakers, PhD and Nathan Zasler, MD.
Articles Recently Published by Members of the DoC-SIG
The DoC-SIG group is continually working on research and publications. To view some of the more recent publications, please click here.
For questions related to this group, please contact email@example.com.