A Virtual Event on July 28-30, 2021
PINK X, a three day event, will bring together leading experts to explore the topic of brain injury in women. We will present the current research about how sex and gender differences impact mechanisms of injury, help seeking, screening, diagnosis, care and long term outcomes.
Our roundtable sessions will facilitate discussion and debate about the best way to recognize, talk about, and understand brain injury in women, as well as what the most important policy changes are to prevent women with brain injury becoming silent sufferers with a hidden disability. We will also provide a toolbox of techniques for professionals working with women with brain injuries, and give a platform to the wonderful organizations currently working towards a more optimistic future.
Bringing a voice to women with brain injury is key across research, policy, and practice. Our patient panels will share their brain injury journey and discuss how their experience with the medical community.
We invite questions and engagement about all aspects of brain injury in women, and will provide opportunity to join in our discussions and ask questions of our expert as well as our patient panels.
The continuing education activity will be provided through collaboration between International Brain Injury Association (IBIA) and AffinityCE. Currently, we are applying for continuing education credit for physicians, nurses, psychologists, social workers, occupational therapists, physical therapists, rehabilitation counselors, case managers, and speech-language professionals. We expect to have the following types of credits for congress attendees:
- Physicians: Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
- Nurses: American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Case Managers: Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC)
- Rehabilitation Counselors: Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
- Speech Language Professionals: American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Psychologists: American Psychological Association (APA)
- Occupational Therapists: ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit, Texas PT Association
- Physical Therapists: ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit
- Social Workers: National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- General Participation Certificate: Provided to other attendees not included above.
Who Should Attend
Delegates are comprised of rehabilitation physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, neurosurgeons, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, social workers, educators, nurses, case managers, advocates, legal professionals and all others committed to improving the outcome of adults and children with traumatic and non-traumatic brain injury.
Registration will be open shortly. For any information pertaining to registration for this even in the coming weeks and days, please click on the "PINK X Registration" button below.
There is an amazing group of speakers and panelists who will participate in this unique educational event. Click on the link below for details. Additional speakers will be added as they are confirmed, so check back often!Faculty
For any questions related to this meeting, please contact email@example.com.