Editors: Nathan Zasler, MD, Douglas Katz, MD, Ross Zafonte, DO, David B. Arciniegas, M. Ross Bullock, Jeffrey S. Kreutzer.
1512 pp Hardback.
Price: $250.00 USD.
BIM 2 is a clear and comprehensive guide to all aspects of the management of traumatic brain injury (TBI) -from early diagnosis and neurosurgical management through rehabilitation and community reentry. An essential reference for physicians and all professionals who work with patients with TBI, the book focuses on assessment and treatment of the wide variety of clinical problems these patients face and addresses many associated concerns such as epidemiology, ethical issues, legal issues, and life-care planning. Written by over 190 internationally recognized contributors, the text covers the full spectrum of the interdisciplinary practice of brain injury medicine including principles of neural recovery, neuroimaging and neurodiagnostic testing, prognosis and outcome, acute care, rehabilitation, treatment of specific populations, neurologic and other medical problems, cognitive and behavioral problems, post-trauma pain disorders, pharmacologic and alternative treatments, and community reentry and productivity.
Brain Injury Medicine, 2nd Edition Features:
- The acknowledged gold standard reference - brings together knowledge, experience, and evidence-based medicine
- Comprehensive and current - completely revised, updated, and expanded to include emerging topics and the latest clinical and research advances
- Interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary focus - expert authorship from a wide range of specialties promotes a holistic team approach to this complex condition
- Covers the entire continuum of care spectrum as well as psychosocial, educational and vocational reentry and functional outcome
New to the Second Edition:
- Three new Associate Editors from related disciplines of neurosurgery, neuropsychiatry and neuropsychology provide added expertise
- Five new sections: acute rehabilitative care, pediatric TBI, special senses, autonomic and other organ system problems, post-trauma pain disorders
- 25 new chapters running the gamut from health policy to biomechanics, to military TBI to pediatric issues and more
- Print + Digital Access: Purchase price includes enhanced e-book containing the complete and fully searchable text plus additional digital-only content