In order to keep IBIA members apprised of current brain injury literature, NTL editors and editorial board members have prepared a list of recently published articles that may be of interest.
- The relationship of resting cerebral blood flow and brain activation during a social cognition task in adolescents with chronic moderate to severe traumatic brain injury: a preliminary investigation. Newsome MR, Scheibel RS, Chu Z, Hunter JV, Li X, Wilde EA, Lu H, Wang ZJ, Lin X, Steinberg JL, Vasquez AC, Cook L, Levin HS. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2011 Nov 22. [Epub ahead of print].
- Clinical Trials in Decompressive Craniectomy After Severe Diffuse Traumatic Brain Injury. Appelboom G, Piazza M, Zoller SD, Connolly ES Jr. World Neurosurg. 2011 Nov 7. [Epub ahead of print] No abstract available.
- Relationship Between Learning and Memory Deficits and Arp2 Expression in the Hippocampus in Rats with Traumatic Brain Injury.
Xia X, Dong Y, Du Y, Yang Y, Wang W, Li Y. World Neurosurg. 2011 Nov 7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Comprehensive locomotor outcomes correlate to hyperacute diffusion tensor measures after spinal cord injury in the adult rat.
Kim J, Song SK, Burke DA, Magnuson DS. Exp Neurol. 2011 Nov 19. [Epub ahead of print]
- Amyloid-β Contributes to Blood-Brain Barrier Leakage in Transgenic Human Amyloid Precursor Protein Mice and in Humans With Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy Hartz AM, Bauer B, Soldner EL, Wolf A, Boy S, Backhaus R, Mihaljevic I, Bogdahn U, Klünemann HH, Schuierer G, Schlachetzki F. Stroke. 2011 Nov 23. [Epub ahead of print]
- Modeling of CSF Dynamics: Legacy of Professor Anthony Marmarou. Czosnyka M, Czosnyka Z, Agarwal-Harding KJ, Pickard JD.
Acta Neurochir Suppl. 2012;113:9-14.
- Tau elevations in the brain extracellular space correlate with reduced amyloid-β levels and predict adverse clinical outcomes after severe traumatic brain injury. Magnoni S, Esparza TJ, Conte V, Carbonara M, Carrabba G, Holtzman DM, Zipfel GJ, Stocchetti N, Brody DL. Brain. 2011 Nov 23.
- Interictal spikes, seizures and ictal cell death are not necessary for post-traumatic epileptogenesis in vitro. Berdichevsky Y, Dzhala V, Mail M, Staley KJ. Neurobiol Dis. 2011 Nov 13.
- Central diabetes insipidus in children with acute brain insult. Yang YH, Lin JJ, Hsia SH, Wu CT, Wang HS, Hung PC, Chou ML, Hsieh MY, Lin KL. Pediatr Neurol. 2011 Dec;45(6):377-80.
- The Delis-Kaplan Executive Function System Sorting Test as an evaluative tool for executive functions after severe traumatic brain injury: A comparative study. Heled E, Hoofien D, Margalit D, Natovich R, Agranov E. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 2011 Nov 25.
- Targeted Delivery of Neural Stem Cells to the Brain Using MRI-Guided Focused Ultrasound to Disrupt the Blood-Brain Barrier. Burgess A, Ayala-Grosso CA, Ganguly M, Jordão JF, Aubert I, Hynynen K. PLoS One. 2011;6(11):e27877. Epub 2011 Nov 16.
- Do routinely repeated computed tomography scans in traumatic brain injury influence management?: a prospective observational study in a level 1 trauma center. Connon FF, Namdarian B, Ee JL, Drummond KJ, Miller JA. Ann Surg. 2011 Dec;254(6):1028-31.
- Outcome prediction within twelve hours after severe traumatic brain injury by quantitive cerebral blood flow. Kaloostian P, Robertson C, Gopinath SP, Stippler M, King CC, Qualls C, Yonas H, Nemoto EM. J Neurotrauma. 2011 Nov 23. [Epub ahead of print]
- Psychiatric disorders and health-related quality of life after severe traumatic brain injury - a prospective study. Diaz AP, Schwarzbold ML, Thais ME, Hohl A, More M, Schmoeller R, Nunes JC, Prediger RD, Linhares MN, Guarnieri R, Walz R. J Neurotrauma. 2011 Nov 23.
- Decompressive craniectomy in diffuse traumatic brain injury. Cooper DJ, Rosenfeld JV, Murray L, Arabi YM, Davies AR, D'Urso P, Kossmann T, Ponsford J, Seppelt I, Reilly P, Wolfe R; DECRA Trial Investigators;Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society Clinical Trials Group. N Engl J Med. 2011 Nov 24;365(21):2040.
- Roles of NG2 glial cells in diseases of the central nervous system. Xu JP, Zhao J, Li S. Neurosci Bull. 2011 Dec;27(6):413-21.
- [Medicolegal evaluation of traumatic brain injury.] Wallesch CW, Schmidt R. Nervenarzt. 2011 Nov 24. [Epub ahead of print] German.
- Continuous Electroencephalography (cEEG) Changes Precede Clinical Changes in a Case of Progressive Cerebral Edema. Newey CR, Sarwal A, Hantus S. Neurocrit Care. 2011 Nov 23.
- Metabolic alterations in corpus callosum may compromise brain functional connectivity in MTBI patients: An (1)H-MRS study. Johnson B, Zhang K, Gay M, Neuberger T, Horovitz S, Hallett M, Sebastianelli W, Slobounov S. Neurosci Lett. 2011 Nov 15.
- Prophylactic anticoagulation in patients with traumatic brain injury. Petruska DA. J Am Coll Surg. 2011 Dec;213(6):809. No abstract available.
- Post-concussion syndrome: Prevalence after mild traumatic brain injury in comparison with a sample without head injury. Dean PJ, O'Neill D, Sterr A. Brain Inj. 2011 Nov 22.
- Measuring brain electrical activity to track recovery from sport-related concussion. Barr WB, Prichep LS, Chabot R, Powell MR, McCrea M. Brain Inj. 2011 Nov 22.
- A case study on the communication of older adolescents. Davis L, Spencer E, Ferguson A. Clin Linguist Phon. 2011 Nov;25(11-12):1044-51.
- Common Data Elements for Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury: Recommendations from the Biospecimens and Biomarkers Workgroup.
Berger RP, Beers SR, Papa L, Bell M. J Neurotrauma. 2011 Nov 22.
- Characteristic differences in neuroimaging and physical findings between non-accidental and accidental traumatic brain injury in young children. A local experience in general hospital of Kuala Lumpur. Hafiz MZ, Saffari MH. Med J Malaysia. 2011 Jun;66(2):95-100.
- Improving the management of brain injuries in Malaysian hospitals. Abdullah JM. Med J Malaysia. 2011 Jun;66(2):83. No abstract available.
- Study of mild traumatic brain injuries using experiments and finite element modeling. Lamy M, Baumgartner D, Willinger R, Yoganandan N, Stemper BD. Ann Adv Automot Med. 2011;55:125-35.
- Bicycle accidents - Do we only see the tip of the iceberg? A prospective multi-centre study in a large German city combining medical and police data. Juhra C, Wieskötter B, Chu K, Trost L, Weiss U, Messerschmidt M, Malczyk A, Heckwolf M, Raschke M. Injury. 2011 Nov 18.
- Cerebral perfusion pressure and intracranial pressure are not surrogates for brain tissue oxygenation in traumatic brain injury.
Eriksson EA, Barletta JF, Figueroa BE, Bonnell BW, Vanderkolk WE, McAllen KJ, Ott MM. Clin Neurophysiol. 2011 Nov 18.
- Fatal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage During Sexual Anal Self-Stimulation in a Female: A Case Report. Nikolić S, Zivković V.
Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2011 Nov 18.
- Long-lasting TMS motor threshold elevation in mild traumatic brain injury. Tallus J, Lioumis P, Hämäläinen H, Kähkönen S, Tenovuo O. Acta Neurol Scand. 2011 Nov 22.
- Proteomic analysis of rat plasma following transient focal cerebral ischemia. Chen R, Vendrell I, Chen CP, Cash D, O'Toole KG, Williams SA, Jones C, Preston JE, Wheeler JX. Biomark Med. 2011 Dec;5(6):837-46.
- Comprehensive trail making test performance in children and adolescents with traumatic brain injury. Allen DN, Thaler NS, Ringdahl EN, Barney SJ, Mayfield J. Psychol Assess. 2011 Nov 21.
- Generalizability of WISC-IV index and subtest score profiles in children with traumatic brain injury. Rackley C, Allen DN, Fuhrman LJ, Mayfield J. Child Neuropsychol. 2011 Nov 22.
- Brain-Delivery of Zinc-Ions as Potential Treatment for Neurological Diseases: Mini Review. Grabrucker AM, Rowan M, Garner CC.
Drug Deliv Lett. 2011 Sep;1(1):13-23.
- Long-term consequences of surgical brain injury - characteristics of the neurovascular unit and formation and demise of the glial scar in a rat model. Frontczak-Baniewicz M, Chrapusta SJ, Sulejczak D. Folia Neuropathol. 2011;49(3):204-18.
- BET 3: Is ketamine a viable induction agent for the trauma patient with potential brain injury. [No authors listed]
Emerg Med J. 2011 Dec;28(12):1076-7.
- Acute and chronically increased immunoreactivity to phosphorylation-independent but not pathological TDP-43 after a single traumatic brain injury in humans. Johnson VE, Stewart W, Trojanowski JQ, Smith DH. Acta Neuropathol. 2011 Dec;122(6):715-26. Epub 2011 Nov 19.
- Progesterone inhibition of neuronal calcium signaling underlies aspects of progesterone-mediated neuroprotection. Luoma JI, Stern CM, Mermelstein PG. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2011 Nov 12.
- 10 years outcome from childhood traumatic brain injury. Anderson V, Godfrey C, Rosenfeld JV, Catroppa C. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2011 Nov 11.
- Inhibitory control after traumatic brain injury in children. Sinopoli KJ, Dennis M. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2011 Nov 11. [Epub ahead of print]
- Comparison of Different Thoracic Trauma Scoring Systems in Regards to Prediction of Post-Traumatic Complications and Outcome in Blunt Chest Trauma. Mommsen P, Zeckey C, Andruszkow H, Weidemann J, Frömke C, Puljic P, van Griensven M, Frink M, Krettek C, Hildebrand F. J Surg Res. 2011 Oct 5.
- Updated imaging of traumatic brain injury. Kubal WS. Radiol Clin North Am. 2012 Jan;50(1):15-41.
- Computation of axonal elongation in head trauma finite element simulation. Chatelin S, Deck C, Renard F, Kremer S, Heinrich C, Armspach JP, Willinger R. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2011 Nov;4(8):1905-19.
- Neuro-inflammatory sequelae of minimal trauma in the non-traumatized human brain. A microdialysis study. Bouras TI, Gatzonis SS, Georgakoulias N, Karatza M, Sianouni A, Stranjalis G, Boviatsis E, Vasileiou S, Sakas DE. J Neurotrauma. 2011 Nov 18.